Roses, candy, heart-shaped items, and all things red and pink… yep, it must be Valentine’s Day. While seemingly everyone has the most perfect (read: something ridic expensive) gift picked out for their SO and has their fingers at the ready to post some sappy collage of their bae on social media, you’re just trying to get through the work week with your sanity intact. Whether you have a special someone or not, how about doing something a little unconventional this year for Valentine’s Day? Two words: TREAT YOURSELF!
Here are 5 perfectly good reasons why you should love yourself a little more this Valentine’s Day, single or otherwise:
- You Got Out of Bed – Look at you saying “no” to the enveloping coziness that is otherwise known as your bed. It takes a real champ to ignore that sweet siren’s call and get up when your alarm goes off (or at least after a snooze or two). Bonus points if you braved the cold earlier than you wanted and got yourself to work in a timelier fashion!
- You Did a Good Deed – No, don’t give us that, “Whatever, I didn’t do nothing for no one” nonsense. First of all, it isn’t grammatically correct. Secondly, yes, you did, whether you realize it or not. Maybe you took a picture for that love-sick couple so they could post it on Insta. Perhaps you paid for the person behind you in line as they waited for their morning coffee. You held a door open for someone just because. Or heck, you resisted the urge to cut someone off in traffic (even though they really deserved it). Celebrate your kind heart!
- You Matter to Someone – Single or taken, young or old, it doesn’t matter. There is someone out there who thinks the world of you and loves you for all you are. It could be your spouse, your BFF, your dog or cat, or even dear ol’ Mom and Pop. Whether you realize it or not, you’re someone else’s ray of sunshine. Soak that in and cherish that!
- Life’s Too Darn Short – To not be yourself. To indulge in your favorite sweets once in a while. To not tell someone you love them. To twirl on your haters and accept yourself, flaws and all. To let fear hold you back from doing something you love. You get the picture. Life is way too short. Be good to yourself, chase your dreams, and eat something sweet along the way!
- You Exist – And you’re fabulous. There’s no one else out there like you, and that in itself is the BEST reason to love yourself!
Remember, no celebration is complete without stopping by McArthur’s Bakery and savoring some of our most delectable treats. Whether you love or hate Valentine’s Day or you see it as a regular ol’ Wednesday in February, we’ve got the perfect sweets for you! See you soon!